Sunday, August 27, 2017

August Operating Session Cancelled


On Thursday this week at work I started going downhill pretty fast.  On Friday morning, I felt like I had died and no one had told me.  So I stayed home and slept most of the day.  I was however able to get an early email out on Friday morning, issuing a cancellation notice for Saturday’s Operating Session.  As it turned out, another crew member was also crook, and a second, who had been crook was about to do a Lazarus and turn up for the session.  But given my health, I knew there was no way I’d be in a state to have the Ops Session the next day, let along be a confined space with about 8 or 9 other guys.  What’s more with the drugs I was on, I would not have been able to enjoy a cold beverage. 

So over the next 24 hours, I heard from almost everyone who had said they were coming and all advised that they were disappointed but said that I had made the correct decision.  I did get a few smart comments back that the guys could either just come over to the shed and drink my beer and run trains with me locked outside, or regretting that they now had to spend the day with their other half - shopping. 

As it turned out I did not go down to the shed yesterday or today.  But today I had sufficiently recovered to be able to attend my kids old primary school fete and I don’t feel too bad now.

I just need to work out what date to schedule the next Operating Session.  That may be next Saturday.

I also have Tuesday Nighter’s this week at my place.  Its been quite a while since it has been here and I’m sure the attendees will be able to determine what has been accomplished since their last visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment